Pre-registration is required for this event!
The World Bird Sanctuary returns to The Nature Institute this January! Learn about our feathered friends and meet some of World Bird Sanctuary’s ambassador eagles in person. After the presentation, hit the trails with TNI’s Education staff to try to spot an eagle in the wild. After warming up with a cup of hot chocolate, families can also choose to head over to the main office to search for eagles soaring over the Mississippi River between 12-12:30pm.
Cost: $12/member, $15/non-member
Date and Time: Saturday, January 22, 11-12pm
Things to Note:
– What makes this event extra special? Our trails are closed to the public in the winter! Get an exclusive look at TNI in the wintertime.
– While this event is family-friendly, the first half of the program is sitting. Ages 6 and up are recommended.
– Due to the live animals in this program, attendees must remain seated to avoid startling the eagles. The program will begin promptly at 11, so be sure to arrive a little bit early to get seated!
– The entire program will take place outdoors, so dress for the elements. Blankets and extra layers are encouraged!
– The presentation will take place in our amphitheater. This area is a short walk from the parking lot.
– Limited number of binoculars will be available to borrow for wild eagle viewing.