BACKYARD BIODIVERSITY WEEKEND
September 11-13, 2020
Have you ever wondered what organisms call your yard, or the preserve, home? Join us for a weekend of biodiversity discovery. How? It’s easy – join the virtual Backyard Biodiversity event on iNaturalist now. Download the app, join the event, and get outside! Snap a picture of what you see and the app does the rest!
Sign up for a guided hike at TNI on Saturday, September 12, and learn how to use the iNaturalist app. Not interested in a guided hike? Go explore outdoors – come visit our trails, visit a local park, look around your yard, or take a walk outside. Don’t forget to use the iNaturalist app to help us catalog different species in our community. We will be posting animal and plant counts throughout the weekend on Facebook- look for updates!
- Saturday, September 12th – 9 AM and 11 AM
- Hikes are approximately 45 minutes to one hour long
- Maximum group size is 10 people/guide
- Free, but please preregister to reserve your spot
- Wear closed-toed shoes and dress appropriately for the weather, rain/shine
- Bring a reusable water bottle