Discovery Nature Club (Fall 22) – Discovery Nature Club is an after school drop-off program for elementary students (1st – 5th grade). This fall, students will meet bi-weekly to explore the preserve and learn more about nature. Registration is by the month. See below for the monthly themes. $18/month session for members, $20/month session for non-members. December is prorated at $9/member, $10/non-member. Pre-registration is required.
- September 8 & 22: Pollinators
- October 6 & 20: Food Chain
- November 3 & 17: Naturalists in Training
- December 15 (no meeting on the 1st): Animals in Danger
Field Guides (Fall 22) – Field Guides is a bi-weekly after school drop-off program for middle and high school students. This fall, students will be delving deep into the topic of plants! Registration is by the month. $18/month session for members, $20/month session for non-members. November & December are prorated at $9 members, $10 non-members. Pre-registration is required.
- September 15th & 29th: Invasive Species
- October 13th & 27th: Fungi
- November 10th (no meeting the 24th due to Thanksgiving): Moss & Lichens
- December 8th (no meeting on the 22nd due to holidays): Winter Tree ID
Outdoor EDventure Days – This drop off program provides a single camp day for students when schools are closed. Morning snack is included in the program pricing. Spaces are limited. This program runs from 9 am – 3 pm and is available to ages 6 – 12. See below for a description of our upcoming Outdoor EDventure Days.
- October 10th (Columbus Day): Fur, Feathers, and Scales – How do we know that an animal is a mammal? What about a reptile? Learn all about the special characteristics that help us classify animals.
- November 23rd (Thanksgiving Break): Thankful for Nature – Explore the fall happenings at TNI and take time to appreciate nature. All campers will head home with a homemade centerpiece bound to be the talk of Thanksgiving dinner!
Kids Night Out – Need an evening off? Join us for a Kids Night Out! This 3 hour drop off program includes dinner and an evening of fun for ages 6 – 10. This program is offered once a month in fall and spring on a Friday evening from 5 – 8 pm. Spaces are limited. See below for a description of our upcoming Kids Night Out.
- August 19th: Predator & Prey – Discover predator and prey relationships right here at TNI. Play games, practice your predatory instincts, and show off your prey defenses.
- September 30th: Geology Rocks – What’s so interesting about rocks anyways? Learn what rocks can tell us and how to identify different types during this evening program!
- October 28th: Explore! – True explorers know the best way to use the tools provided to find their location. Learn to use a map and compass and then search for a hidden treasure on the property.
- November 18th: Hunters of the Sky – As we lose our fall foliage, one type of animal really begins to stand out – raptors! Learn about the special adaptations that make these animals so successful.