Discovery Nature Club – Discovery Nature Club is an after school drop-off program for elementary students (1st – 5th grade). This spring, learn about the impact that humans have on the earth and how we can help to make a difference.
- March 10 – Pollution Solution
- April 14 – Nature’s Invaders
- May 12 – Our Changing Climate
Field Guides – Field Guides is an after school drop-off program for middle and high school students. This spring, our group will be tackling the topic of Zoology. We will explore animal behaviors, practice animal dissection, and learn the basics of designing habitats for animals under human care. $9/session for members, $10/session for non-members.
- March 31 – Animal Behavior
- April 28 – Animal Anatomy & Dissection
- May 26 – Habitat Design
Outdoor EDventure Days – This drop off program provides a single camp day for students when schools are closed. Morning snack is included in the program pricing. Spaces are limited. This program runs from 9 am – 3 pm and is available to ages 6 – 12. See below for a description of our upcoming Outdoor EDventure Days.
- November 24th: Bird Bonanza – Learn bird calls, go bird watching, and craft a birdfeeder. Have fun exploring our native habitats and going on hikes!
- March 7th: The Danger Zone – What’s the difference between poison and venom? Do we have venomous species in Illinois? Find out at this one day camp!
- April 15th: Spring Has Sprung – Spring has arrived! Search for evidence of spring through nature exploration and games.
Kids Night Out – Need an evening off? Join us for a Kids Night Out! This 3 hour drop off program includes dinner and an evening of fun for ages 6 – 10. This program is offered every other month on a Friday evening. Spaces are limited. See below for a description of our upcoming Kids Night Out.
- December 10th, 5 – 8 pm: Forbidden Treks – This Kids Night Out is offered to ages 10 – 14. Join TNI after dark for a night of adventures. Hike off trail to explore forbidden routes and learn about animals that are the exceptions to the rules of the animal kingdom. Eat popsicles in December. It’s time to let the (bigger) kids have a night out!
- April 22nd, 5 – 8 pm: Earth Day Party (ages 6-10) – Celebrate the Earth at TNI! Join in the festivities with cool experiments, messy art, and get out in nature to hike!
- May 13th, 5 – 8 pm: Survive! (ages 6-10) – Do you have what it takes to survive out in the wild? Build a shelter, construct a fire, and learn about animal survival tactics.
Scout Badge Days – Bring your troop out to complete a badge in one swoop! Or bring your kids out to learn a fun activity. Scouts are welcome to join with their entire troop or as individuals. See below for a description of our upcoming Scout Badge Days.