Discovery Nature Club (Fall 22) – Discovery Nature Club is an after school drop-off program for elementary students (1st – 5th grade). This fall, students will meet bi-weekly to explore the preserve and learn more about nature. Registration is by the month. See below for the monthly themes. $18/month session for members, $20/month session for non-members. December is prorated at $9/member, $10/non-member. Pre-registration is required.
- September 8 & 22: Pollinators
- October 6 & 20: Food Chain
- November 3 & 17: Naturalists in Training
- December 15 (no meeting on the 1st): Animals in Danger
Field Guides (Spring 22)– Field Guides is an after school drop-off program for middle and high school students. This spring, our group will be tackling the topic of Zoology. We will explore animal behaviors, practice animal dissection, and learn the basics of designing habitats for animals under human care. $9/session for members, $10/session for non-members.
Field Guides (Fall 22) – Field Guides is a bi-weekly after school drop-off program for middle and high school students. This fall, students will be delving deep into the topic of plants! Registration is by the month. $18/month session for members, $20/month session for non-members. November & December are prorated at $9 members, $10 non-members. Pre-registration is required.
- September 15th & 29th: Invasive Species
- October 13th & 27th: Fungi
- November 10th (no meeting the 24th due to Thanksgiving): Moss & Lichens
- December 8th (no meeting on the 22nd due to holidays): Winter Tree ID
Outdoor EDventure Days – This drop off program provides a single camp day for students when schools are closed. Morning snack is included in the program pricing. Spaces are limited. This program runs from 9 am – 3 pm and is available to ages 6 – 12. See below for a description of our upcoming Outdoor EDventure Days.
- October 10th (Columbus Day): Fur, Feathers, and Scales – How do we know that an animal is a mammal? What about a reptile? Learn all about the special characteristics that help us classify animals.
- November 23rd (Thanksgiving Break): Thankful for Nature – Explore the fall happenings at TNI and take time to appreciate nature. All campers will head home with a homemade centerpiece bound to be the talk of Thanksgiving dinner!
Kids Night Out – Need an evening off? Join us for a Kids Night Out! This 3 hour drop off program includes dinner and an evening of fun for ages 6 – 10. This program is offered once a month in fall and spring on a Friday evening from 5 – 8 pm. Spaces are limited. See below for a description of our upcoming Kids Night Out.
- August 19th: Predator & Prey – Discover predator and prey relationships right here at TNI. Play games, practice your predatory instincts, and show off your prey defenses.
- September 30th: Geology Rocks – What’s so interesting about rocks anyways? Learn what rocks can tell us and how to identify different types during this evening program!
- October 28th: Explore! – True explorers know the best way to use the tools provided to find their location. Learn to use a map and compass and then search for a hidden treasure on the property.
- November 18th: Hunters of the Sky – As we lose our fall foliage, one type of animal really begins to stand out – raptors! Learn about the special adaptations that make these animals so successful.