Discovery Nature Club – This drop off program will explore the preserve and practice outdoor skills. Each session, students in 1st-5th grade will take a hike and participate in activities that will deepen their connection with nature. Space is limited, and registration is full for Fall 2021. This program runs from 3-5pm on the 2nd Thursday each month. See below for Fall 2021 topics
- September 9 – Tracks
- October 14 – Scat
- November 4 – Animal Homes
- December 9 – Eggs
Field Guides – Does your student love to be outdoors? Field Guides is perfect – a drop off program for middle and high school students. This fall, Field Guides will explore the preserve and practice outdoor skills. Each session, will take a hike and participate in activities that will deepen their connection with nature. Program runs on the 4th Thursday of the month, 4-6pm, Group will be limited to 12 children. See below for Fall 2021 topics
- September 23 – Bird Count and Bird Song Survey
- October 28 – Water Quality Testing
- November 18 – Forest Health Survey
Outdoor EDventure Days – This drop off program provides a single camp day for students when schools are closed. Morning snack is included in the program pricing. Spaces are limited. This program runs from 9 am – 3 pm and is available to ages 6 – 12. See below for a description of our upcoming Outdoor EDventure Days.
- October 29th: Creepy Crawlies – As Halloween approaches, join TNI’s education staff for a day full of spooky adventures. Conduct experiments, study worms and insects, and head outside to learn about our nocturnal animals out in the forest.
- November 24th: Bird Bonanza – Learn bird calls, go bird watching, and craft a birdfeeder. Have fun exploring our native habitats and going on hikes!
Kids Night Out – Need an evening off? Join us for a Kids Night Out! This 3 hour drop off program includes dinner and an evening of fun for ages 6 – 10. This program is offered every other month on a Friday evening. Spaces are limited. See below for a description of our upcoming Kids Night Out.
- October 1st, 5 – 8 pm: Grossology – If you love activities that make others day, “Gross!”, then this Kids Night Out is for you! The evening will be spent dissecting owl pellets, creating oobleck, and exploring the unusual things that nature has to offer.
- December 10th, 5 – 8 pm: Forbidden Treks – This Kids Night Out is offered to ages 10 – 14. Join TNI after dark for a night of adventures. Hike off trail to explore forbidden routes and learn about animals that are the exceptions to the rules of the animal kingdom. Eat popsicles in December. It’s time to let the (bigger) kids have a night out!
Scout Badge Days – Bring your troop out to complete a badge in one swoop! Scouts are welcome to join with their entire troop or as individuals. See below for a description of our upcoming Scout Badge Days.
- October 9th @ 9 – 11 am: Girl Scout Brownies:Letterboxer – This Scout Badge Day is offered specifically for Brownies that would like to complete their Letterboxer badge! This program includes a craft, word puzzles, and a fast paced scavenger hunt. All badge requirements will be completed during this time.
- November 8th @ 3:30 – 5:30 pm: Cub Scout Bears: Fur, Feathers, Ferns – This Scout Badge Day is offered specifically for Bears that would like to complete their Fur, Feathers, and Ferns badge! This program includes a guided hike, using scientific tools such as magnifying glasses and binoculars, and looking for signs of wildlife! Requirements 1 – 5 will be met during this program.