Riverbend Trash Tag Challenge
This year is the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day: let’s celebrate with a #RiverbendTrashTagChallenge throughout April. We are proud to work with Piasa Palisades Sierra Club and Alton Main Street on a month long, community initiative in the Riverbend area, the #RiverbendTrashTagChallenge. While we are all taking precautions to stay healthy, we can help keep the earth healthy as well.
The person who fills the most bags by the end of the month will win a $100 gift card to any Downtown Alton restaurant courtesy of Alton Main Street. Make sure to use the hashtag #RiverbendTrashTagChallenge with a photo of your bags and post a running total on Facebook or Instagram to be eligible to win!
- Take a walk around your neighborhood, along your favorite route through nature, or a littered area around town that needs trash picked up.
- Pick up the litter you see along the way. If you are walking and cleaning up with someone, don’t forget to bring a bag for recycling aluminum, glass, and plastic bottles.
- Post your before and after pics and tag #RiverbendTrashTagChallenge. We’d love to see what you’ve cleaned up and tag a friend to do the same!
Tips for safety and a great experience:
- Wear gloves.
- Don’t pick up broken glass or any other hazardous material you may find.
- Wear bright colored clothing so you are noticed by passing traffic, and closed-toes shoes.
- Bring a reusable water bottle, put on sunscreen, and wear a hat.
- Bring one bag for trash and another for recyclables.
- Enjoy the fresh air and being outside. Have FUN!
We look forward to your help in renewing the Riverbend area this spring and showing your community support through picking up trash. Visit the RiverbendTrashTagChallenge FB Page here!