What do you get when you cross a Halloween celebration with environmental education at a nature preserve? The 18th annual Enchanted Forest – a family friendly evening of fun, imagination, and environmental education. Old favorites like guided hikes through the woods to learn from our costumed nocturnal woodland creatures are back, and new activities have been added. This event is child friendly, but all ages are welcome – admission is $5 per person (under 2 free). Come dressed as you are or get into the spirit dressed in a Halloween costume, but don’t forget your comfy shoes for the hike. Hikes run at 6:10, 6:40, 7:10, 7:40, 8:10, and 8:40 pm. Registration and payment guarantee your time slot for guided hikes.Event is rain or shine, Friday, October 18, 2019 from 6-9 pm.
Come see and learn about:
- Live owls from Treehouse Wildlife Center
- Bird activity with Audubon Center at Riverlands
- Skulls and other animal bones
- Eye shine: Why can we see some creatures’ eyes light up as we drive past them at night?
- Use your sense of smell in the “Scent Trail”
- View some of your favorite animal pelts and furs up close
- View the night sky with TNI’s Astronomy Association
- After dinner bugs: What bugs like it most when the sun goes down?
Other Family Fun: Campfire, S’mores, Face Painting, and Popcorn. Kids take home a small treat bag!
Event admission is $5 per person which includes guided hike (kids under 2 are free). Registration is requested, fill out the form below to reserve your space.