The Nature Institute (TNI) offers field trip programs to groups of students in preschool through twelfth grade. Field trip programs are offered in two hour blocks, Tuesday-Friday throughout the school year. Field Trip Policy 2020 pdf
Program Length: Two Hours
- Educational programs are facilitated by our staff and volunteer field trip leaders and are two hours in length
- We provide one field trip leader per group of 15 students
- You are invited to use our picnic tables and play area for self-guided lunch and free play time, before or after the program
Program Size: 15-45 students
- There should be no more than a 3-4 year age gap for the students coming on a field trip. We would be happy to set up a separate trip for students outside of that age gap. This allows our educators to create an age/developmentally appropriate program for all students involved.
- Please break your students into groups of no more than 15
- Contact us if you would like to arrange a trip for fewer than 15 or more than 45 students
Program Cost: $6/student
- Minimum of $90 per program
- Groups may choose to add a second program block in the afternoon at a discounted rate of $3 per student
One parent/guardian per family can attend at no cost. Additional adults will be charged at the student rate.
TNI requires a deposit for all field trips in order to secure a date on our calendar. The deposit may be made through our online registration system or a check, but it must be received no later than 30 days before the program date. You will receive final confirmation from our staff once your program is on the calendar.
The deposit is $90, which is equivalent to the minimum program fee and will be credited towards the cost of the program. This deposit is only refundable in the case of TNI needing to cancel the program due to unforeseen circumstances, such as a hazardous weather event. If a group cancels their field trip within two weeks of their scheduled date, they lose their deposit and a new deposit will be required to reschedule the program. If a group cancels their field trip with at least two weeks notice, the original deposit can be applied towards the rescheduled date.
You are responsible for transportation.
SCHEDULE YOUR FIELD TRIP BELOW USING OUR INTERACTIVE DATE CALENDAR!