The Nature Institute (TNI) is excited to host the 7th annual Riverbend Earth Day Festival on Saturday, April 14, 2018 from noon to 6 p.m., in partnership with the Great Rivers Land Trust, the National Great Rivers Research and Education Center/Lewis and Clark Community College and the Sierra Club. This event is FREE and open to all.
The event will be held, rain or shine, at Piasa Harbor in Godfrey, Ill, which is located on Route 100 / the Great River Road, across from Lockhaven Golf Club.
Let’s celebrate Earth Day together for this celebration of nature, music, food, and the arts. Guests can enjoy fresh, local foods, and peruse unique goods by local vendors and artists.
Other features will include live music, a children’s activities with nature-inspired arts and crafts, hands-on informational booths, and more.
Want to lend a helping hand? We have spots to fill for all sorts of tasks. All volunteer shifts are 2 hours and each volunteer will receive a free festival shirt! Sign up HERE if you are interested.
This event is sponsored by:
Old Bakery Beer Co., Shivers Frozen Custard, The Gateway Gardener, The Alton Telegraph, WBGZ, Phillips 66- Wood River, St. Clair Beekeeper’s Association, Madison County Planning and Development, Representative Monica Bristow, District 111, and Steck-Cooper and Co., and StraightUp Solar.
Vendor List for the Riverbend Earth Day Festival:
- Old Bakery Beer Co
- Shivers Frozen Custard
- LuLu’s Hawaiian Shaved Ice
- B + C Concessions
- LcMay’s Catering Inc.
- St. Louis Kettle Corn
Eco-Friendly Vendors and Artisans
- Once Design
- Made by Avonlea
- Yomar Baskets
- Mystic Crafts
- Spider Web Arts
- Cheryl’s Signs and Crafts
- Copes Soap
- Barn Doerr Creations
- Fire and Hammer Coin & Spoon Jewelry
- Hanna Herbals
- Renewal by Anderson
- Rosina’s African Handmade Jewelry
- Clever Endeavors
- State Street Soap Co
- Ladonna’s Market
- JMC Design
- General Grass
- Usborne Books and More
- Sweet Leaf
- Just Metaling
- Carol Rulon’s Rag Rugs and More
- Tana Harter’s Sea Shell and Crochet Art
- Poofy Organics
- Jim Linksvayer’s Pottery
- Green Thumb Nursery
- YoungLiving Essential Oils
- Crawdaddys Outback Accessories
- UMAWear Handmade
- Sunny Days Farm
- Jabberwock Emporium
Non-Profit Displays and Activities
- The Nature Institute
- TNI’s Astronomy Association
- Great Rivers Land Trust
- Great Rivers Research and Education Center/Lewis & Clark Community College
- Sierra Club
- Madison Co. Govt. Planning and Development
- St. Clair Beekeeper’s Association
- StraightUp Solar
- Better Building Institute Inc.
- McCully Heritage Project/Center for American Arch.
- Agency for Community Transit (RideFinders)
- Senior Service Plus
- TreeHouse Wildlife Center
- Community Supported Garden and LaVista
- IL Satsang Society
- Environmental Resources Training Center
- Plowsharing Crafts
- Jacoby Arts Center
- Alton Area Landmarks Assoc.